fragmenten dodentempel Thoetmozes I geïdentificeerd

Moderator: yuti

fragmenten dodentempel Thoetmozes I geïdentificeerd

Berichtdoor Philip Arrhidaeus » Vr Jul 07, 2017 6:01 pm

met foto's:
28/06/17
Polish Egyptologist identified fragments of a lost Egyptian temple... in a storage

http://scienceinpoland.pap.pl/en/news/n ... orage.html
Thousands of stone blocks lying for years in a storage near Luxor turned out to be the remains of the temple of Thutmose I, long sought after by archaeologists. Fragments of the temple were identified by a Polish Egyptologist, Jadwiga Iwaszczuk.[...]
Beautifully decorated fragments of blocks from which the temple was built, were located in the storage of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities (now Egyptian Ministry of State for Antiquities), in a tomb adapted for this purpose in Theban Necropolis near Luxor. [...]
The main proof of the new discovery is the name of the temple of Thutmose I - Khenemet-ankh (The one that unites with life), known from written sources, and preserved on architectural fragments deposited in the storage.
Epigraphic analyses done in recent years by the Polish Egyptologist allowed to recognize further information. While the temple was erected for Thutmose I, it was commissioned by his daughter Hatshepsut. Two types of stone - limestone and sandstone - were used in construction
. [...]
Among the curiosities of the temple, according to its discoverer, is one of the first battle scenes with chariots known from the area of ancient Egypt.
On the basis of fine fragments, the researchers also determined that the temple had been renovated. The deceased ruler was worshiped in the temple for several hundred years after his death, certainly until the reign of Ramesses IX (XII BC), but it is possible that the temple existed until the turn of the era.
Until now, Iwaszczuk's team has drawn about 5 thousand stone blocks and photographed 7.5 thousand of them. Now, tedious work is being performed to recreate the entire scenes that adorned the huge temple.
"Finally, it reached its sad end: like many other Theban temples, it served as a quarry for the material for stone bowls. Only unused post-production waste was left, including the fragmented decorative reliefs, which today we use to try to recreate the full shape of the temple" - concluded Iwaszczuk.
Gebruikers-avatar
Philip Arrhidaeus
Site Admin

Re: fragmenten dodentempel Thoetmozes I geïdentificeerd

Berichtdoor Jef » Za Jul 15, 2017 3:47 am

Zouden ze hier nog verder gaan opgraven ?
Gebruikers-avatar
Jef

Re: fragmenten dodentempel Thoetmozes I geïdentificeerd

Berichtdoor Philip Arrhidaeus » Ma Jul 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Jef schreef:Zouden ze hier nog verder gaan opgraven ?

Geen idee, misschien na deze berichtgeving in de media. Wel spijtig dan voor de mensen die daar wonen... denk dat ze schrik hebben iets te vinden in hun tuin. :|
Gebruikers-avatar
Philip Arrhidaeus
Site Admin

Terug naar Algemeen nieuws, nieuwe technieken, ...